Friday, June 27, 2008

WRITING POETRY

Today I feel refreshed. I spent that last few days exploring dead poet sites and reading collections that have left a legacy of inspiration. One author that provided the kick in the ass I needed was Ginsberg. In his odd, queer way, he left with a bang (ful) of words. Its About and Death and Fame inject life for the reader while he was facing death. He gave an overview of what he wanted to see during his funeral, including mourning ex-lovers he met along his writing career. This is a man that right to the last days of his life - lived! A college student who submitted a 80 pg manuscript only to learn that what he had learned had to be forgotten. He was told to free up his voice and then came 'Howl' a writing that is said to have 'changed America'. Well, needless to say, I am inspired. The thought of 'freeing of my voice' ....think freely...feel freely...write freely. I may not be 'change America' material but I definitely feel I can write freely. If it finds its way into the hands of publisher that appreciates my writing then that is the bonus.

Poverty. That was the topic when this blog was started. As I had hoped the focus is revealing the riches that sit right under my nose. I just need to continue to sort them out and at the same time continue to climb out of this place that has stolen precious moments of my life - defeated mind.

The power and phone still not disconnected. Just hold on for a couple more days. The rent takes most of the money but the rest is for bills. Gonna make it. Oh! I am putting my resume in for two jobs that opened up. Crossing my fingers. The pay is twice what I have now which would be a blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be crossing my fingers for you too!:)

Poverty Reality said...

Wow..I should figure this bog thing out...I didint' realize there was a comment...and thankyou for your support...I didn't get the jobs but there was another journey planned for me...