Friday, March 20, 2009

Making Money!? Making A Life? BlahBlahBlah

Heard about some university students doing a fund raiser to bring awareness to issues of homelessness. They are spending five days camped out somewhere. When I heard this I thought of how close being homeless has come for our family. I don't share those worries with my children. I want them to succeed in their classes and not have the added worry of whether they have to be up rooted and living in someone's basement or in our van. I struggle every month to ensure we get the rent paid. The rentals are barely affordable and I have no way to ever own my home. I am always worried we won't have a home. I don't have a job right now that will ease the situation a bit. Every month the threat of homelessness hovers over us. But on the positive side, it is people like these students and others who care and attempt to understand, that reveals a glimmer of light in a seemingly endless dark tunnel. Prayers to them and may all the good they have shared be returned tenfold in those moments of need.

Survival tip for the day. I have to continue with this one; "get out there". I am making calls and stepping through doors meeting people. Getting involved and taking advantage of any "free" training/information sessions. I am realizing that i have knowledge others are willing to pay me to share! Now that is a plus! Now the challenge is for those people to follow through on that and send some money my way. Now I am sounding money hungry...maybe just hungry. :)

* I am making daily goals. eg. Today I need to find a way to get milk, sugar, bread, and bathroom tissue. That may sound trivial, meaningless to some but to have those basics sure make life seem ok in our home. Sometimes I can only get one or two items but i still feel good because I did it.
* I keep a journal/day planner that is kept with me at all times with a to do list. This list also includes items that are part of a more long term goal...never know could be sooner.
* I spend more time focused on succeeding.
* I read articles highlighting the successes of others and how they did it. Not only do I get the added inspiration but also carry with me another flourishing idea!
One such idea was a "vision board". I was told to put up or carry a constant reminder of those things I desire/need, in the form of photographs, associations, colors, senses, etc.
* MOST IMPORTANTLY! I DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE. THE JOURNEY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. HECK I EVEN JOINED A 'LAUGHTER CLUB' HAHAHAHA...CHECK IT OUT!

To tell you the truth there is more richness in my life now just because I opened my mind and freed my spirit. No money can buy that. I used to hate when people would say that...but it is true...just still need the money :)

No comments: