Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm Dead If I Don't

Irresistable time to step into your shoes
one little step from a tomorrow
only my dreams could have conjured.
you said it isn't possible and
I said - Just you wait.

One foot in front of the other
I drag the canvas into motion
one side too big the other pinching my toes
you said I would fall on my face
I said - What do you know.

All I could see was the finish line
melting into waves like a desert road
I thirst for a spray of life as I drowned in my sweat
you said I'd die trying
I said - I'm dead if I don't.

My legs give way and sky folds into the ground
I feel the insects feasting on my weathered flesh
as I lay defeated with your shoes on my feet
You said I could never walk without them
I say It's time to walk with flesh to ground

Crawling at best but still moving forward.
I'll die trying. And let's say I make it
Let's say it will be ok.
I say - I have nothing to lose! Get up!

No comments: